#Reproductiveendocrinology and infertility (REI) is a surgical subspecialty of obstetrics and gynaecology that trains physicians in reproductive medicine addressing hormonal functioning as it pertains to reproduction as well as the issue of infertility.
A Reproductive Endocrinologist is a fertility specialist that specializes in the following fields of study:
· Poly cystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
· Hypothalamic pituitary dysfunction
· A congenital adrenal hyperplasia
· Tubal factor infertility
· Male factor infertility
· Congenital uterine anomalies
· Other disorders of the female reproductive tract
Collectively, this field is called Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility. Most of the patients seen by Reproductive Endocrinologists are experiencing fertility related problems.